Green card ınsurance
Green card insurance is a type of insurance that covers material and bodily damages of third parties in case of a possible accident, while motor vehicle users travel between member countries of the green card system.
What is Green Card Insurance?
Green card insurance is a type of insurance that covers material and bodily damages of third parties in case of a possible accident, while motor vehicle users travel between member countries of the green card system. Green card insurance is an addendum to traffic insurance and policies are issued on behalf of the green card bureaus of the countries.
Documents Required for Green Card Insurance
- Photocopy of the vehicle license to be traveled
- Aand a valid mandatory traffic insurance policy are sufficient.
The important thing is that the documents are up to date and valid.
Green Card Insurance Terms
- It provides coverage within the limits of the mandatory traffic insurance of the country where the accident occurred.
- In order to travel to a country that is a member of the Green Card system by car, first of all, traffic insurance and then Green Card insurance must be taken out.
- The Green Card must be green in color and no deletion or editing should be performed on the card.
- Single-digit days and months in the beginning and end of the period must be prefixed with a zero number.
- As a result of the loss of the Green Card, it is necessary to issue an official document stating that it is lost or stolen.
- Green Card cannot be given to vehicles with foreign license plates that do not have Turkish license plates.
- Green Cards cannot be issued to vehicles that have been banned from traffic.
- The Green Card application is managed by the Turkish Motor Vehicles Bureau in Turkey. Vehicles with this insurance should apply to the Green Card office if they experience any damage abroad.
Green Card Insurance Renewal
As NART, we ensure that our insured people benefit from the no-claim discount offered at certain rates in the renewal process, if there is no claim record from the previous policy. Green Card insurance is issued annually and renewals are performed annually.